Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Emerging Technology 2:StoryBird



http://storybird.com/books/the-little-blue-gnome/

I looked at Storybird.com for my second emerging technology post. This is a website where you can look through images to get inspired, and then begin a story to go along with the images. You then have the option to invite your friends and family to join in and add to your story, either with new pages, images, or both. When your story is done, you can publish it for other storybird users to view.
This website is supposed to be used to bring families closer together by collaborating on stories. It could be a fun way to keep in touch with distant relatives, or a way to inspire creativity in younger children. I created the start of a story (link above). It is not very creative but I had fun looking through the images and reading other peoples' stories. I am going to share this website with the people I know who would benefit from it. I think this website really could be a great tool for parents to interact with their children and encourage them to be creative together.

2 comments:

  1. I noticed that your story said "Age Group 1-3 years." Is it changeable for older students? Or is this focused mainly on early Elementary?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This website looks like it would help kids with the creativity they are lacking. I'll have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete