Sunday, March 28, 2010

Emerging Technology #3: Animoto

Pre-Concert Photoshoot

For my 3rd emerging technology, I explored Animoto (found at animoto.com). This site was very easy to use. It walks you through step-by-step. First you add your own photos and video clips. You can add in text if you want. Then you either add in your own music or choose from their library. I used one from their library so that I didn't have to worry about copyright issues. Then, you click "done" and it creates a music video. In my opinion, this is a great way to make a really professional looking video in just a few seconds. Students could use this program for any sort of assignment to make their own videos. I an see this being a good assignment where it is the students' job to get into groups, and then create their own "lecture" about the subject to present to the rest of the class. This sort of usage is probably better suited for older student. The program could be used for younger students by having the teacher create videos to make fun supplements to lessons.

No comments:

Post a Comment